How we use you information and data:
Your data and what you tell us is confidential and important. We have put measures in to place to ensure we are compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Treatment bookings & case history forms
- Your personal data will be stored and be accessible by Wendy Proctor
- Your information will never be shared with any third party companies or individuals
- We will only contact you with regards to your treatment and associated matters and will never send spam to you
- Your enrolment forms are kept on file in a locked filing cabinet at 74 Shaftesbury Avenue, Montpelier, Bristol, BS6 5LY
- Your files are not viewed or accessible by anyone other than Wendy Proctor, unless consent is given by yourself to share with other parties
- You can ask to view your client files at any given time.
The Data Protection Act
We fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection. To do this we follow the eight principles outlined in the Data Protection Act 1998, which are summarised as:
- Personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully
- Data will only be collected and used for specified purposes
- Data will be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Data will be accurate and up to date
- Data will not be held any longer than necessary
- Data subject’s rights will be respected
- Data will be kept safe from unauthorised access, accidental loss or damage
- Data will not be transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area, unless that country has equivalent levels of protection for personal data.
We obtain personal data (such as names, addresses, and phone numbers) of our clients. This data is obtained, stored and processed solely to assist Wendy Proctor in the efficient running of services. Personal details supplied are only used to send material that is potentially useful. Most of this information is stored on the form.
We obtain personal data and information from clients in order to provide services. This data is stored and processed only for the purposes outlined in the agreement and service specification signed by the client.
Financial data is never stored or recorded; all participants are requested to make financial payments with cash or via bank transfer, card details are never taken or stored.
Personal data is collected over the phone and using other methods such as e-mail or text message. During this initial contact, the data owner is given an explanation of how this information will be used. Written consent is not requested as it is assumed that the consent has been granted when an individual freely gives their own details.
Personal data will not be passed on to anyone outside the business without explicit consent from the data owner unless there is a legal duty of disclosure under other legislation.
Contact details of clients will not be passed on to anyone outside the organisation without their explicit consent. Any other information supplied on application will be kept in a secure filing cabinet and is not accessed during the day to day running of the organisation. All confidential post is opened by the addressee only.
Wendy Proctor will take reasonable steps to keep personal data up to date and accurate. Personal data will be stored for 7-years after the last treatment.
- Personal data is kept in paper-based systems
- Every effort is made to ensure that paper-based data are stored in organised and secure systems
- Wendy Proctor operates a clear desk policy at all times.
Use of Photographs
Where practicable, we will seek consent from individuals before displaying photographs in which they appear. This policy also applies to photographs published on our website.