This course is ran by Wendy an experienced and passionate midwife.
As a midwife I have heard many positive stories of women who have used hypnobirthing in their pregnancy and birth, and have had the pleasure of supporting some women during their home births as a midwife.
This 12 hour course will not only teach you hypnosis for birth, but is a complete antenatal course, giving you and your birth support partner techniques that can be used during pregnancy and birth.
Calm and Confident Hypnobirthing allows you to experience the magic and miracle of birth and puts you in charge, so that your baby can be born calm and alert as nature intended, able to bond with you quickly, and settle into healthy sleeping and feeding patterns.
This crucial first relationship between you and your baby will in turn affect every other relationship that your child experiences throughout its life – the significance of a calm and natural birth cannot be over-estimated.
Hypnobirthing helps you to:
- Release fear and tension – which leads to pain and interventions.
- Learn self hypnosis to induce deep relaxation
- Massage techniques to release endorphins, your body’s natural analgesia
- Rebozo techniques which can loose muscle tension
- Visualisation exercises and affirmations to keep you confident, serene and positive
- Helps you understand the choices available to you
- Your increased knowledge and awareness puts you in control
- You are more likely to experience a natural, calm and drug-free birth – labour can be shorter and more comfortable
- In many cases you will need no pain relief throughout the whole empowering experience
- Helps you to have a confident and happy pregnancy